Education & Participant Communication
Bridging the gap.
As a plan sponsor, communicating the benefits and features of your retirement plan to participants is one of the many fiduciary duties under code 404(c) of ERISA. Capstone helps bridge the gap between plan sponsors and participants by partnering with service providers to design a custom education program for plan participants. Our educational efforts begin with plan transition and enrollment, and continue throughout an employee’s plan participation. We believe the success of this program is ultimately the key to how successful the plan will be.
Phase I – Open Enrollment
We work with the plan sponsor, the service provider and plan participants to coordinate open enrollment:
- Pre-enrollment materials
- On-site group enrollment meeting with licensed securities representatives
- Webinar enrollment meeting capabilities for remote staff
- Enrollment presentation discussing plan features and investments
- Participant asset allocation assistance
- Customized enrollment booklets with:
- Enrollment Form
- Beneficiary Designation Form
- Rollover Form (if applicable)
Phase II – Continuing Education
We ensure that plan participants have ongoing access to a wide variety of tools that reinforce and build upon the concepts and principles introduced during the enrollment period:
- Plan information for new hires
- Ongoing information regarding the importance of saving for retirement
- Updates regarding regulatory changes (IRS deferral limits, reporting, etc.)
- Current economic and capital markets outlook
- Updated guidance as employees go through the different life stages leading to retirement
- Review and update beneficiary form
Participants in plans that leverage educational communications just after enrollment were six times as likely to increase their deferral rate over participants in plans that did not use the programs (12 percent increased deferrals vs. 2 percent, respectively).
About Capstone Retirement Group
Capstone Retirement Group is a professional retirement plan consulting practice. We partner with plan fiduciaries to help identify and implement the optimal retirement plan for their organization.
7777 Leesburg Pike, Ste 301N
Falls Church, VA 22043
Check the background of this firm on: